Thursday, February 16, 2012

Three R's and other questions

1.      Which of the three R’s do you feel you need to develop? I would have to say the resilience is what I need to work on most. Resilience would help the other R’s, like the ability to retain relationships through thick and thin. Dr. Siegel said to get rid, or tone down, reading, writing, and ‘rithmatic. I think these things would come much more naturally if I and others developed a higher tolerance of challenges and obstacles, especially at a younger age.
2.      What are three books you’ve read in the past year? I’ve read the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn, the Camel Club series by David Baldacci, and I’m working on the Maze Runner series by James Dashner currently. Much more than three books, but I have a hard time reading books that aren’t in a series.
3.      As a child, what did you do in your free time? My recollection of memories have me spending most of my time either playing computer games, building endless creations with legos, or fighting with lightsabers/GI JOES. I also read a lot as a kid.
4.      What’s a goal that has been on your list for a few years? Most of my goals are year to year so there’s not really a specific one that comes to mind. I have strived to end my high school career top 15 in class since freshmen year. I’m also striving to get 12’ in pole vault in track, a goal I’ve had for a year.
5.      What do you actually do with your free time? My free time now tends to be limited to about an hour on school nights and Sunday afternoons. You can either find me watching sports/music videos on YouTube, playing my guitar, tweeting, or reading. With more time I’m usually hanging with my friends.
6.      What types of activities energize you? I really enjoy (most days) working out at school, and I’ve been lifting in school every year since 6th grade. I’ve also developed an addiction to the thrill of pole vaulting, and track season is my favorite time of the year. Any sort of ultimate Frisbee or pickup football game really gets my blood flowing.
7.      What famous people intrigue you? It’s sort of a funny pick, but I love Richard Branson, founder of Virgin (mobile, airlines, etc...). He’s 61 years old but lives his life like he’s 20. He has infinitely creative and modern ideas which have helped him create Virgin Groups (consisting of 400+ companies). I like his outlook on life and his persistence, even if he’s the British equivalent of Hugh Hefner.  

1 comment:

  1. Richard Branson is Zack's 'mentor'. Branson would be considered a provacateur.

    ReplyDelete